Monday, August 25, 2008

'Picnic at the Beach' party

Audrey turned 1! And to celebrate we had a picnic at the beach themed party. She just loved our trip to the shore earlier this month and so I figured it suited her party. I had fun with her cakes. She had a sand castle for the main cake as well as a mini castle for her personal cake. I also made a plate with a hotdog, french fries and corn on the cob (all cake). Just a cute addition to follow the theme. Audrey had an amazing day. She had a great nap in the morning which helped carry her through all the way to dinner. We had friends and family here including Nana the great who is in New England for the summer. It was really nice to have her here for the celebration. (Audrey was named after her). The kids all played well together and we had a simple summer lunch. Even without the hooplah it was a good time. No schedule or planned events and everyone enjoyed themselves. Caleb, Sawyer and Rory did a great job 'helping' Audrey open her gifts. She would take out a shirt and get distracted. By the time she made it back they would have the next 3 gifts opened. It was so funny. The big kids loved it and she didn't feel like she missed a thing. By dinner time, it was shut down time. I was getting cereal for Caleb. He said what kind, I asked if he wanted milk in it, and as I poured it and put it on the table, he passed out on the couch. So I scrubbed his (black) feet and put him to bed at 6:15. Audrey ate some yogurt and before I could get the washcloth to wipe her face, she was out cold. Sawyer on the other hand was at the top of his game right up until the end. He saw every guest leave and had a bath before bed (much needed). I cannot believe She's 1!!!!!
Picnic at the Beach party

No comments: