Sunday, March 02, 2008

Valentine's party

Valentine party


This was the Valentine's Day party at the preschool. Audrey and Sawyer and I went to help out too. Not sure how much help we were, but it was fun anyway. I always volunteer. Sawyer is sure it is his school too. His personal playground. The party was a blast. The kids started by handing out their valentines. Each child had a bag. Only these silly kids don't even know everyone's names. So it was really crazy if the kid someone was looking for was also handing out their cards. You've got Caleb looking for 'some friend named Ryan's bag', but he's handing out his cards too, so not only are we looking for him, but if he were sitting down, where would he sit, and where is his bag now. I was seriously sweating in the first 15 minutes. I was holding Audrey and chasing Sawyer. He was on play time as soon as his feet hit the floor. For Caleb's valentines, Sawyer and I made homemade playdough (Caleb wasn't interested). Caleb and I cut out hearts and stars and put them in zip lock bags with sayings like 'you're a star' and 'be my valentine'. It was a cute idea and lots of fun. Might I just say it never works out like the Norman Rockwell painting depicts. But I do remember it more fondly than I think it probably was.

No comments: